We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Our website has been designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Our website’s compliance with the above legislations means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries.
If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation, you should contact us.
25seven Campers Ltd is a Data Controller and as such determines how data is processed and secured from the point of receipt through to deletion at the end of a relevant retention period.
Our address is: Unit 6, Fivewood Barn, Money Lane, Bromsgrove, B610QY.
Telephone: 0121 453 4577
Email for GDPR/ Data Protection enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for our mailing list or completion of our valuation forms, vehicle enquiry form or contact us form
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
Initial contact details such name, contact telephone number and email address will be collected in the normal course of a client/supplier relationship and is in the legitimate interests of the business so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Where further details become necessary to complete the sale of a campervan for example, this will be considered as preparation for the performance of a contract and such as, any data will only be used for the purpose for which it was given.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
We may sometimes need to pass your details to a third-party such as regulatory authorities, our bank, finance partners and advisors for example to our accountants for the purpose of processing invoices for payment. In these circumstances, the data will be limited to only that which is necessary to fulfil a specific task and will always be on a confidential basis.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Storage of your information
Information will be held at our offices in Bromsgrove, within electronic filing systems and sometimes in hard copy. We limit the access of your personal data to only those who have a legitimate business need to access it.
Length of storage
Where a transactional relationship is established, we’ll need to keep certain information for a minimum of 6 years as required by law plus the current year. Personal data that doesn’t necessarily have to be retained will be deleted in line with our GDPR procedures. Further details can be made available upon request.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Your rights under GDPR
In particular, but without limitation, you may have the following rights under applicable European data protection law:
Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we process personal data from you and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to our personal data stored by us. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us.
Right to rectification of your personal data: If we process your personal data, we shall endeavour to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which we collected your personal data. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to obtain the rectification of such data.
Right to erasure of your personal data or right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of processing of your personal data.
Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us.
Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority located in the European Union. You may contact the Hesse Data Protection Supervisor.